Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Learning something new every day

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I've heard that since I was wee little and I tell you what, it's true. A good breakfast will get me through the day like no other thing I know. . . even coffee. (Okay, that's not exactly true, coffee goes a long way toward Teri being a happy quilter.)

So this morning I decided that Sweet Potato Pancakes were on the menu. Get out the mix and look at the directions. I noticed something this morning. (had enough coffee I guess) I'd made the silly things wrong for months. Can you believe this? Breakfast comes far too early in the day for me, that's for sure. Anyway, I'm looking at the back of the package and it hits me, I've been putting too much water and not enough mix. Somehow in my morning fog I'd been using 1/2 cup water and 1/3 cup mix when the directions call for 1/2 cup mix and 1/3 cup water. Now I know why these things are so good! Whooppeee.

I've spent the better part of the last half hour watching these learning videos for Creative Suite 3. Oh man! these explanations are great. Then, I clicked on something to view the next video and realized that in each category there are multiple videos for learning the Suite. So in a few minutes I'm going back to watch some more.

I did promise pictures of some recently completed work I have one fun one that will set the tone and allow me to be happy sharing my work while I get the rest of the pictures so here goes:






I like Jimmy Buffets music and his restaurant...I like this photo better than the first one I took of this coaster, wanna see it?
Probably not, but I learned something from this too.

Sometimes white on white is a good background and sometime it's just not. Here it's just not. The fabric from the tote bag I made just makes the colors in the coaster seem much more vibrant and exciting, where with the white on white it's just blah.
So here's the tote bag the fabric for the inside is just as fun as the fabric for the outside of the tote.

Next on the list finish the knitters totes and do some work on the NYBeauty - one of the curves is off just a bit and it's creating a bit of waviness and I know I can fix it.

Happy Quilting!
Teri

1 comment:

Cathie said...

Hi Teri!
I love your little tote bag here the colors are great.

Your blog is very thought provoking (I particularly liked the post about Lent.) I would love to see more of your work and will be back to visit you often.