Tuesday, September 11, 2007

No sewing for this quilter

I'm hitting a point where I'd be going through withdrawal under normal circumstances. This isn't normal circumstances.

It all started innocently enough, I was just tired. Plain, old tired. Something just didn't feel right. Then the teeth started hurting. Hmmn, somethings brewing here. Then the face started aching. Oh, okay, I know what this is - a sinus infection. So I go to the ENT and it's not only the sinus infection, but throat all on one side mind you. I get medication, I take said medication faithfully according to the instructions. I'm starting to feel better, but not quite right and yesterday (Monday) I'm thinkin' this is moving into my chest.

So I toddle off to the regular doc. Nothing in the chest but the infection in the back of my throat is still there and quite infected. Gives me new antibiotic. Gives a sample to get me started. I have plenty of water with the pill.

Later on, I look at my legs and no, it can't be. I check some more and sure enough - HIVES. I'm allergic to the new antibiotic. I call pharmacy, he says take Benadryl so dh gets me some Benadryl. I talk to doc, he tells me how much to take and to come in for another visit this morning. So now I know I'm allergic to new antibiotic.

I do have sewing that I want to complete, I have two quilted tops that need to be trimmed and bound and one on the design wall not to mention the totes that need to be finished. I have fabric quilted to be cut out into new totes. Oh well, it will be there when I'm feeling better.

Happy quilting!

Teri

2 comments:

Gizmo said...

OMG!! I sure hope you're feeling better really soon. You take care of yourself, or it will take longer to get back to your quilting (relaxation).
(((HUGS)))
Giz

Busy Little Quilter said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I have the same thing, minus the hives.

(I saw your post on Pat Sloan's blog about gift bags).